My name is Karen and I offer a confidential counselling and clinical supervision service based in Gilford, Northern Ireland.
Are you looking for counselling for yourself or perhaps your child or teenager? Maybe you would like to come as a couple to work on your relationship?
Attuned Counselling Services could be just the place for you whether you have a problem that you need to explore or just need space to do some personal development work.
More details about the services offered are on the Counselling Services page.
I am accredited and registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a registered member of the Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC)
Have a browse around and contact me for a FREE 15 minute, no obligation, private consultation by phone before deciding if I am the right therapist to help you at this stage of your life.
What is counselling?
Counselling offers you a safe, confidential place to talk about your life and anything that may be causing you upset or distress. It allows you to talk with someone who is trained to listen attentively without offering advice.
You don't have to be in a crisis to benefit from counselling. You may feel that your life is not as you expected it to be, there's a dark cloud hanging over you and you don't know why. It may be that you are at a point in your life where you have lost a sense of yourself; "who am I?" is a common question. Counselling can give you the space to sit with that question and discover your inner self and purpose. It gets to the depths of soul and can connect with something bigger than ourselves.
The quality of attunement in a therapist is his or her ability to capture and express the sense of how you are feeling in the moment. You feel heard. You feel that the counsellor experiences you and responds in a way that best fits your needs in the moment and it is this quality that is believed to be essential for therapeutic change.
"When we cannot change our circumstances we are challenged to change ourselves." Viktor E. Frankl
Location & Appointment Times
Attuned Counselling Services are located at:
36 Dunbarton Street,
Sessions are by appointment and can be arranged daytime or evening to suit your availability.
Please contact Karen to arrange a confidential consultation.
Karen is also available to speak at your church or community group
- Fill out the contact details on this website and Karen will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Telephone direct on 0753 090 6135
- Email direct on [email protected]
What clients have said about Attuned Counselling Services on their feedback forms at the end of counselling.
- I found my counsellor adapted the sessions to meet my needs. She used a range of skills/techniques which worked really well.
- I feel I have gained a great deal from my sessions. They have helped me to continue to learn about myself and my self-awareness. Also have helped me with coping mechanisms with regard to overloading myself and my self expectations.
- Thanks to my counselling sessions I have reached a new area of self awareness and new found inner strength. It has been a very worthwhile process which has enriched my life.
- Having used the service of many counsellors in the past I am delighted that I finally found one that I could open up to completely and who allowed me to have the space to 'fix' myself. I would recommend Karen to anyone.....in fact, EVERYONE!
Top Picture: Comfortable Waiting Area
Bottom Picture: Confidential Therapy Room